Thursday, September 15, 2011

It's been a busy time for the Womacks.  Mia has sprouted this past month.  She's still a little peanut, but her personality and vocabulary are on the rise.  Her favorite words are baw (ball), kee kat (kitty cat), tane tu (thank you), dada, and my favorite...momma!  My little walker, who prefers walking on her tip toes, has learned to run.  She practiced this new skill running full speed toward a boy twice her size in class and tackling him to the ground busting his lip.  Her teacher (whom I LOVE) said Mia is the "ball pit denominator" and this boy had over stayed his welcome in the ball pit.  To really put him in place and let the others know she stood over him and growled after.  She's a tuff cookie and mom and dad are going to have to help her control this temper of hers. 

Her newest, funniest thing she's been doing lately is dancing.  This girl loves music and dancing like no other child I've seen.  She can be throwing a fit and the minute a good song comes on or I sing one of her faves she will dance.  Her form consists of bouncing and bending her legs and twisting her arms from side to side.  Last night we went to eat at a place with a live band and she impressed the singer so much with her enthusiasm she was brought on stage for all to see.  It was so cute. 

School is going great for her and mommy.  I won't deny that it was hard at first.  I missed her and not knowing her minute by minute day killed me.  I also had to get used to not seeing the baby I have spent my weekdays with the past year and that was (and still is) hard.  Mia had a rough first week and cried a lot.  But, she has a teacher who is a gift from God and now gets excited to go to school.  Her teacher is a grandmother who is full of energy and creativity and genuinely loves Mia.  She tells us all of the funny things Mia does during the day and how much she makes her laugh.  She has made this transition easier. 

Mommy is loving school, too.  For the first time I am really in my element.  I love the cosmetology industry and I'm so blessed to have this opportunity.  I was telling Justin last night that I finally feel like myself again.  Don't get me wrong I have loved the past year with my baby, but I am a much happier mom and wife now.  Having adult conversation (especially with a bunch of great girls in a salon) all day, getting my hair back up to par, my eyebrows waxed, mani's and pedi's, and even a spray tan...Man I feel like a woman!  I never realized how much I had let myself go and I guess deep down I am a high maintenance gal and when I don't maintain it sucks.  And how much better can it get than helping others keep up their hottness?!  I love it. 

Hopefully I will be able to keep this up a little more than once a month.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment